Making the decision to go from employee to employer can be one of the most rewarding yet stressful decisions of your life. It’s a huge shift in not only your day-to-day but the life of your family as well. It is a life-altering choice that can make even the most confident person wary.
However, it is important to remember that with great risk comes great reward. With proper research and advice from industry experts, you can not only succeed but also thrive as a business owner. At Next Day Access, we have seen many of our franchise owners go from skeptical first-timers to prosperous business professionals. Having your own Next Day Access Franchise can be immensely rewarding. Not only can you invest in your own personal success, but you will also be investing in the success and independence of the people you help.
Another great aspect of opening your own Next Day Access Franchise is becoming a part of a family of business owners. We are here to support you and let you know that you have what it takes to change your life and the life of others. With just a few tips and tricks, we can help you overcome any obstacle you may face when you first start your franchise journey.
3 Common Worries When Becoming a Franchisee
No great victory comes without a struggle. This applies to business ownership as well. In order to reap the rewards, you must put in the work. One of the greatest things you can do to set yourself up for success is to have the drive and patience to succeed. Still not sure if owning your own business is right for you? We have compiled a list of three common fears and how you can spearhead them on your way to the top.
- Financial Risk
No business is risk-free, and no risk comes without some fear. Evaluating risk and weighing that risk against your possible rewards is central to all commercial activity. However, opening your own franchise puts a large amount of risk on you all at once.
When you are renting out space, making hires and taking out a business loan, you are putting a lot on the line. Balancing all of the demands and stress can put a real strain on your psyche. And although there is no simple solution to this issue, we do have a few tips that can help.
- Proper planning and research can help to alleviate a lot of the stress you may take on. Get to know the products and services that you will offer. If you’re confident in what you have, you will be better able to make the sale and ease some of the initial financial strain.
- Think of money as a tool that you can utilize to better your future. Establishing a franchise with a well-known company can be an investment that pays off for generations. You are not only investing in yourself but also your family.
- Lifestyle Changes
As we touched on before, going from employee to employer, and all the responsibilities that entails can be a huge step. Everything from developing schedules, tracking inventory, marketing efforts and the livelihoods of your employees resting in your hands can be a sobering responsibility. All of these newfound duties can lead to long days and late nights until you truly get off the ground.
Although it is true that running a business has a myriad of tasks, it’s nothing you can’t handle. All it takes is time and dedication. Plus, when you love what you do, and you love helping people live their best lives, it doesn’t seem like work!
However, we understand that the initial life changes can be daunting and stressful. Here are a few tips to overcome the initial shock.
- The first thing to remember is you are never alone! You have joined a huge network of amazing people who have all gone through what you are experiencing. Whether you need advice on company matters or just want to reach out to someone about how they handle different processes, you have tons of contacts at your fingertips.
- We also have case studies available. Flip through documented Next Day Access Franchise achievements and processes to help you implement your own practices to ensure your success!
Getting your franchise started can have you feeling a wide range of emotions. Excitement, intrigue, stress and fear are all common for people branching out on their own for the first time. Fearing failure is utterly human though. You have worked hard for this opportunity and you want to succeed.
It is important to not let your fear of failing hold you back from succeeding. Although that sounds easier said than done, you just need to be honest with yourself. Do you have the time and effort to dedicate to your new business? Are you ready to do everything from the strategic work to the dirty work? If you answered yes, then here are a few tips to push fear of failure from your mind.
- Start by writing an intricate business plan. Start from the small things, like where you run your business, to large things like how you will fund this venture. Putting things in writing and preparing for different obstacles can help alleviate your fears.
- You chose to start a Next Day Access Franchise for a reason. With successful locations all around the country, it is a tried and true business. If you have faith in your company and its products, it is hard to fail.
- With your friends, family and the Next Day Access network behind you, you have a strong support system. If you need help, you can always reach out. The only thing that can hold you back is you!
Are You Ready To Start Your Next Day Access Franchise Journey?
The bottom line is, you won’t know until you try! Realistic expectations and contingency plans will be your first weapons against the unknown. Outside of that: educate yourself continually, rely on your support network and keep up the hard work.
Being cautious, to an extent, is a good way to make sure you are making strategic decisions. Don’t let your anxiety keep you down, let fear motivate you to achieve your dreams of business success!
Are you ready to get started? We at Next Day Access can’t wait to help you begin your franchise journey!